Well, for the most part today has been a good day; then began my father's gay bashing. I don't know what my mom sees in him because she is so compassionate, caring, accepting, and loving. My mom went to go see brokeback mountain today and when she got back and told the plot to my father he immediately began the bashing. She told him how one of the guys gets beat up in the end and killed, my dad said "good, one less fagot in the world." As soon as I heard this I turned my ipod up because I just couldn't take it, but it didn't work. My mom said that people shouldn't judge other people and my dad's response was "no, but we can send them up to god to be judged sooner." He then proceeded to say "those stupid fagots need to keep that shit in the closet where it belongs!". I am so incredebly pissed off right now I really want to fucking throw something across the room. How can someone be so completely ignorant, mean, and prejudiced. I just keep telling myself I only have to put up with this for another 3 months then I move out for the summer and the remainder of my college career. Now you know why I can't tell my parents, even though my mom would probably cry for a few days, she would get over it, my dad, would probably disown me, but even if he didn't I don't want to take the risk while I'm still financially dependant.
Other than that my day has been great. I made a new friend recently who I am excited about talking to tonight. other than that nothing is really new. I have been working on homework since 3pm and probably will continue until about 10 or 11. My lab report that is due in one week is up to 15 pages and that is just the appendix, I havn't even started the report yet. Thank god I get free printing on campus.
I guess I should also add that it is quite obvious to me and anyone with half a brain that homosexuality is NOT a choice. I mean, who in their right mind would choose to be a socail outcast and to be ostracized. Many researcher's and psychiatrists (spelling) have proven that it is a natural occurence with many different theories behind its origin. I don't know what the cause is and I don't really care. All I know is that I am so tired of ignorant morons like my dad who have been beaten over the head with conservative uber religious teachings. There is so much more to life than who you are having sex with/who you're attracted to. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm a slut who has sex all the time and is covered with disease. All I know is that if there is a god (and I beleive there is), then sexual preference whould mean absolutely nothing. Anyway, that is enough of my rant. I am anxious to get the hell out of this house and away from this homophobic environment that I've been raised in, thanks to all of you who have been an unwaivering support in my life. It is good people like you that make life worth living.
OH, on a much happier note, Death Cab and Franz Ferdinan are coming to Austin next month and I am going to try to get tickets with a few friends of mine...I really hope we can get them, I am so excited..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment