Monday, March 27, 2006

circumstance extraordinare

first let's start with a quiz...




You Are 50% Boyish and 50% Girlish


You are pretty evenly split down the middle - a total eunuch.

Okay, kidding about the eunuch part. But you do get along with both sexes.

You reject traditional gender roles. However, you don't actively fight them.

You're just you. You don't try to be what people expect you to be.




So, long time no update.

Old News:
So last week was good. I got an exam back on tuesday and did very poorly; no worries, I am still 10 pts above class avg for the semester. That night I had coffee with rob and we walked around campus all night and just had a great time. Then wednesday I got another exam back that I got a 100 on so the week went well.

Research News:
So last thursday I began to run some more processes. They took 4,000 minutes to converge to less than 5% error, the good news it we are getting some physically meaingful data and with in the next week or so I should be done running all the simulations I need to, then it will be the daunting task of data anlysis and paper writing.

Weekend News:
I spent all weekend at Rob's house. It was great fun. we hung out and played video games, and I made my patented Chicken Pico PIzza which was a huge hit. Sunday I went to work on less than 8 hours of sleep in 72 hours, so it was a little rough. not to mention aris called in sick so Ben and I were stuck with two departments on perhaps what was the busiest sunday I've seen since just before christmas.

New News:
So, the search for an internship is beggining to draw to a close. I havn't heard back from the NNIN research internship so I'm guessing that one is out. However, my friend blair sent me some info and I have an interview with Freescale Semiconductor here in austin coming up tomorrow, and I heard back from Gore with them wanting to know if I had any location preferences for the summer. I also spoke with some professors at Rice and I am thinking they will send an offer too. Hopefully these offers will all come in at the same time so I can weight my options and make a good decision.

Upcoming Events:
Well, craig's party is coming up soon again, that means a night of numerous hot guys, pools, the lake, and Rob...woop...Also there is a party coming up on Feb 8th called Heaven and Hell. It's a mellophone theme party at UT and the whole band is invited. I'm going and it will be awesome. FinallyRob and I are doint the walk for Safeplace on april 22nd. We have set our team goal at 300 (inidividual goals at 150) we would love for everyone to donate just a litle...just check out the end of this post for more details...

Anyway that's about it. I have an exam this friday and one again next friday. So between school, research, Rob, and parties I am keeping quite busy. I've been sick the last week and now it's raining so I havn't jogged in a while :(....which sucks...but I am getting down to my target weight. I want to get below 15% body fat index and I am well on my way (currently ~18%)...anyway I'll try and keep everyone updated...so until next time!



Make a DIRECT donation







No comments: