Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a week

sigh...I'm glad it's over.

Where to start. I suppose it wasn't this week but last week when I found out that my dad has T-cell lymphoma. Not entirely sure of the extent to which he has it but we should hear from the doctor within a few more weeks. He's pretty optimistic as is the doctor so I guess I'm not entirely worried but needless to say it's hard news to take.

On monday this week we went through a round of layoffs at work. It's been a pretty hectic week in that regard trying to figure out exactly how to restructure our team to cover the entire plate of responsibilities with one less person. Interestingly enough it ended up giving me more responsibilities and program ownership that actually involves what I went to school for. Basically we ended up losing an environmental person. So we are now down to 4 including me which means I am now changing responsibilities. My old responsibilities are being delegated out among the staff and I will be the new lead on Air Emissions, Storm Water, Industrial Wastewater, and Risk Management. I'm excited about it but it is definitely going to be a large learning curve to overcome. I figured I'd have at least this coming week to move my stuff to my new office in Oak Hill, but my boss informed me friday morning that I needed to be moved by monday afternoon.

With that being said Austin and I have also decided to move away from downtown. It's just too expensive and in an effort to save some money for a house we are going to be looking at renting a house in Southwest Austin somewhere. We found some houses twice the square footage of our apartment for about $600 a month less. which will help me start saving money. Not to mention I'll be a lot closer to work so I'll be spending less in gas. Either way you slice it there are obviously some big changes coming up.


So I know I promised you an update on that guy...there isn't much to give sadly. Nothing really has changed which is fine with me, but if it keeps up at this pace to be honest I'm going to get a little frustrated. I figured I'll give it a week or so and if it doesn't seem to be going anywhere then I'll have to say something.

Anyway that's about it for now...until next time...cao

No comments: