I'm not going to sit here an put myself on a pedestal and I'm not trying to toot my own horn so keep that in mind when you read the rest of this...
It seems all too common that I hear from some cute guy, "I really like you rob." I'm not talking the friendship like...the context is usually something more serious. It seems though, that every time I hear those words they never pan out. Am I doing something wrong here?
Ok, so back up. Last night I'm in the midst of an SMS conversation with the guy I've been telling you about. He mentioned kissing me the other day and apologized for being so flakey...I can understand the flakiness, he's going through a stressful time right now....but don't apologize for it if you have no intentions of correcting it....it's like spitting on a forrest fire, the effort is moot and pointless. So he tells me he likes me and wants to see me and blah blah blah...I've heard it all before. So this morning, more SMS-ing, and he promises to "text" me later to hang out. To be frank, I haven't invested any emotion into this one at all, so I'm not so much upset, but more confused I guess. Anyway 10:30 pm rolls around and finally a text, "hey I'm at dinner with {} and []". Ok, that's nice...but I'm soon to be going to bed, and "hanging out" for me means before 10 pm. I guess I shouldn't complain, he did fulfill his promise.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is it too much to ask that someone follow through with what they say they are going to do. I mean, he just finished going on and on about liking me and how he's going to text me so we can hang out and then waits until I'm about to go to bed to tell me he's just now sitting down for dinner...WTF is that?!?
Someone please tell me why this crap seems to keep happening. I mean, ok besides the fact that I seem to consistently pick flakey immature boys to pursue. Am I expecting too much from people? is that it? I honestly don't feel that requiring someone to make good on their word in at least a relatively timely manner....and not hours and hours after expected to do so, is all that much to ask do you? Is it too much to demand a little respect? I guess so.
Well anyway enough of my rant about someone who I supposedly, "didn't put emotional investment in" lol. And if you think this is bad...trust me, this is mature thoughtful Rob. Last time I had a crush I WAY WAY WAY over invested and it did just that...crushed me. lol.
So I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do this weekend. I'm supposed to be on a boat with some other friends, including the guy mentioned above. I may end up skipping though and hang out with my good friend Clay who is back in Austin and whom I miss very very much. (He moved to NYC back in January). Either way I'm sure there will be some great stories to share and I will be sure to do so.
Until then make sure to keep it real...and follow through with your commitments for all our sakes...
Love,
Rob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment