Monday, July 21, 2008

The big move

Well everyone...the move is mostly complete!!!

So if you didn't know already Austin and I decided that downtown was too expensive and we wanted more for our dollar. We have spent this entire week moving to a house out in South Austin near Westgate and William Cannon. We have more square footage, an extra bedroom, a HUGE backyard, wood floors downstairs, our own garage, and amazing neighbors. It is also much closer to work for me and I must say I'm really satisfied with the house we decided on. We are planning a move in party sometime in August so keep your eyes open for an invite :)

Basically I got back from Atlanta late on the 15th and starting the 16th we began the big move. We still have quite a bit of cleaning to do at the old place before we turn in the keys but we have since turned off all the power and trying to save on utilities. Luckily where we are we will be saving roughly $400 a month on rent which should pay all our bills and I can start saving to buy my own place in a few years. Of course, I had to promise Austin's parents no more moving until I'm buying something.

You realize when you move how much crap you can accumulate in such a short amount of time. I for one, love it because it gives me the opportunity to go through and get rid of a lot of the pointless crap that I don't need. Through goodwill and a trash can I was able to dump so much stuff, it's like getting rid of old baggage...you'll never use it, it looks bad, and you feel so much lighter afterwards.

So anyway I'm really excited if you can't tell and once everything is unpacked and we are settled feel free to stop by and see the place! and of course with that being said, I have a 7:30 breakfast ceremony thingy at City Hall. Freescale is winning several environmental awards from the City of Austin and I am going to the ceremony. I will likely be sitting with the mayor as well as as several other prominent city officials! I'm pretty excited and of course, I plan to dress to impress. So I had better get to bed since it's getting late.

Good night
<3

1 comment:

Nathril said...

So the link on your myspace 'blog' is apparently broken... it kept routing me to www.sirrobertofnasty.blogspot.com which would bring up an error. Finally, I copy and pasted the link into the browser and then realized that I've never read your blog because I never knew how to get here :(

So now, I will spend the next few minutes reading everything!

Congrats on the move... Hopefully we can grill or something later this week! I'll bring veggies!