I don't know what happened, nor do I know why. It seems as though suddenly everything has been turned upside-down this weekend, and I definitely do NOT mean that in a bad way.
Earlier this week I got a friend request on Facebook from someone that I had seen a few times out and about. I must admit I already knew his name through a mutual friend and thought he was just the cutest thing since puppies were invented. My first thought was...wow, what have I done to suddenly warrant getting attention from this guy? Come to find out we had apparently met. Let me start by saying I don't actually remember this, but apparently a few weeks back at the club I was incredibly drunk and went up to him and his group of friends, put my arm around them and said, "HEY WHAT HAVE Y'ALL BEEN UP....oh wait, I don't know you...hi I'm Rob."
Anyway a few short conversations were had over this past week and thursday night I saw him and his friends out at the club. Introducing myself for real we talked a bit but I am like a ping pong ball at the club, there's always so many people there that I know I bounce around and am never in one group for very long. At one point during the evening I jokingly, when offered a drag of his cigarette, suggested a shot gun. We laughed about it but nothing came of it. We exchanged numbers that evening and I went home to get some sleep before work.
The next day at work was fun. Laura had her birthday lunch at Hula Hut and I took off early to get a haircut at my fav salon with my fav stylist. I now remember why I pay her $45 a cut! she's AMAZING!!!!! Overall it had been a great two days. I had one of those rare nights out where the club was enjoyable and things seemed to be shaping up.
That evening after my haircut I met up with Nathan and had lunch with a great group of friends. One of which I will miss terribly when he moves to Seattle. I wish him the best of luck in his new adventure! After dinner we made the trek back down south and spent some time at Alex's place listening to music and just hanging out. It was around 10:30 when Eric called wanting to go get coffee, I must admit it wasn't a difficult decision...and it turned out to be the best date I've been on, albeit completely impromptu. After the date he sent a text saying, "I still owe you that shotgun." I laughed and complained that I had missed a great opportunity and he assured me that saturday would be another chance.
I spent saturday out on the lake for Splash with Jack and some friends. It was a lot of fun but the akward flirty attitude my ex boy friend showed toward me had me confused and a little put off. Needless to say it was still fun despite that and the day wasn't over yet. After the lake I went home and napped, called Eric, and asked him to Carter's party with me. We arrived and it was nothing short of an amazing time. At first I was reluctant to go but Carter really out-did himself and threw one hell of a shindig this time around. It was about half-way through the evening when suddenly I found myself in a small group talking to people and next thing I know, Eric and I are looking at each other and then we kissed. After a while I began to feel as though an audience had formed and amidst the laughing the pointing We stopped and looked at each other and laughed as well.
After the party I walked him to his car and we talked a bit more. He said he couldn't make the lake on sunday and had to go home to San Antonio after work for their family BBQ. We decided another date was in order and that monday when he gets back to town we are going out for dinner and a movie. I'm so very excited.
I simply don't know how this weekend could get any better. There was a brief sad moment when I found out that my roommate and his boy friend are splitting up. I was so upset that I almost cried because I really truly love both of them. After finding out they would remain friends I smiled and told Austin I was relieved. He seemed at least content with the situation, but I'm sure it must hurt. I'm just glad they are going to stay friends (or at least try) and I will still get to hang out with James, because frankly I think he's just awesome.
I don't want to get too much into this because I don't want to jinx anything but tonight my bestest friend Nathan seemed to have a really great night and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.
All I can say is I'm looking forward to tomorrow right now. My ENTIRE mother's side of the family is in-town because of Hurricane Gustav so I am going home to visit and give my mom and dad their birthday presents. It's funny I had five birthdays in four days to celebrate between my parents and coworkers...lol. Before that I hope to go have breakfast with Nathan and some other friends at Alex's house, and then it's date time and I'm really hoping this one goes as well as the other's have...although frankly at this point, my weekend couldn't possibly be any better.
Goodnight everyone.
Monday, September 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are the most amazing friend I have ever been blessed to have :)
Today was an even better day than yesterday for me!! I think your mood has projected itself onto me and boosted me SO much this past week. Let's keep this up, no matter what!
<3
I'm very happy for you Rob, but probably even more excited about your future! :-D
Post a Comment