Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How to Deal Part II

So for those of you close to me you know it has been a topsy turvy weekend. It was busy and I didn't get to spend much time with Eric. Likely because he simply keeps too much on his plate. Sunday night was the first I had seen him in a few days and things were not well. He was upset and basically told me that he had too much going on in his life and wasn't ready for a relationship. I can't say I wasn't surprised, albeit very disappointed. You know I couldn't help but argue with him that I thought he was making a mistake, and that by ending our relationship he was taking the easy way out, and it wasn't going to make a bit of difference. He works two jobs (~60 hours/week) and is going to school part-time. Between those things I can sympathize the fact that he is quite busy; however I couldn't help but explain to him how to deal in ways other than getting rid of me. It seemed to fall on deaf ears.


Sadly there is nothing I can do to keep him from making in what is my mind to be a very big mistake. I can only hope it works out for the best. Interestingly enough though I took my own advice. In my earlier post about this topic I mentioned my friends and how wonderful they have been to me. And yes, things were tough, but right on cue they were there. Nathan dropped everything to spend time with me after it all happened; rivers of tears running down my face and all. After spending some time with Nathan and watching TV I went home, but I couldn't sleep. I spent most of the day monday sick to my stomach because I just couldn't stop thinking about it all. Lucky for me two other friends stepped up to the plate. Jack called and said he was brining over a bottle of champagne, and Austin called and said he was in-route with Sushi from my fav place (Finn and Porter), and cookies from Tiff's Treats.

Well, half a bottle of champagne, a martini, and two huge margaritas from Rain later and the night just seemed to disappear. I'm not advocating you drink away problems, but it wasn't that so much as good company and a hell of a good time. Thanks Jack and Austin!

Long story short it only reaffirms the fact that when life give you lemons...have your friends help you jump on them to make lemonade...or something like that...When it comes down to it you have to grab on to those you love and hang on for the ride. I only wish Eric would realize this; someday I'm sure he will...I hope for his sake.

I'm still a little upset just thinking about it and seeing his name on facebook makes me a little sick to my stomach right now but in time I will move on. I will always miss what we had but we both left with the agreement that we would remain friends. At least this time cheating, lying, and backstabbing wasn't involved so the friendship is actually possible. I do have to give him some credit, he had to gall to tell me before letting it get worse and worse only to hurt more and more had he waited. And it was a very mature way to handle everything on both parts.

If there is one thing you take away from all of this it's to know that giving up your friends and your support to make time because you're stressed is no way to remedy the situation. And when things aren't going your way, grab onto everyone you have, because in the end that's all that matters.

Thanks Nathan, Jack, Austin, and everyone that his given me support over the last few days. You are all irreplaceable and I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you! <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Rob Cas said...

oh mcdeats....there are a lot of 3's on that heart...lol

Unknown said...

Oh you poor darlin! Why doesn't anyone call me? I'd've appeared in an instant and made a fool of myself for your benefit!

*hugs*

I'm calling you tonight.

Rob Cas said...

who are you Team503?

Unknown said...

Alex