Monday, May 26, 2008

Relationships

So I have a fun story to share.

I've been talking w/ a friend tonight (my roommate's boyfriend). He mentioned that someone told him when they found out he was my roommate's boyfriend that they were impressed my roommate "bagged the prize" lol

My response to that was like this...

James,

I would never consider a person to be a prize. it's the relationship that's a prize. What you and austin have is a prize and from what I can see the two of you are amazing together.

Relationships, however, no matter their greatness are not without obstacles. Sadly, sometimes, those obstacles are impossible to overcome. It made me think about what I used to have with Rob. I've had people tell me I've yet to experience love, and what I had with him wasn't. Well they're flat wrong. However, it did make me realize what I had was a prize. not the person but the relation. However, it was the obstacles that we just could'nt get over in the end that killed us.

It wasn't me, I put in so much effort...too much effort; when he put in absolutely none. Getting over hurdles with him was like trying to do a potato sack race with an unconscious 500 pound gorilla. It was just too much weight for me to carry over on my own and it had to end.

So for anyone in a relationship don't give up over little stuff. You have to work at it and for god sake try really hard not to become another statistic in the, "didn't realize what I had until it was gone" category. I knew what I had though. he didn't and he regretted it for a long time. I don't think he does so much anymore but honestly every time I see him I can just see it in his eyes that he's completely unhappy and lonely. Don't make that mistake.

Love you all and good reading.
-Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"potato sack race with an unconcious 500lb gorilla"

lol loves it